UPSC [Union Public Service Commission]
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various exams such as exam for Civil Services, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc. Civil services examination is popularly known as IAS exam and includes almost 24 services like IFS, IPS, IRS, IRPS and so on.
Civil Services exam is one the most reputed and tough to crack exams in India. The number of test takers is almost 3 to 4 lakhs and now a days number of vacancies is almost 1100. It clearly shows that only few hard working students can get success in this exam and this all can be done not only by hard work but by a planned hard work. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year.
UPSC Exam Eligibility
- For the IAS, IFS & IPS, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For the IRS and other services, a candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Educational Qualification for UPSC
All candidates must have as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
- A degree from a Central, State or Deemed university
- A degree received through correspondence or distance education
- A degree from an open university
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to one of the above